With the increasingly development of internet, more and more people sit in front the computer desks mostly. So it is very important about how to protect our eyes when we use computer or when we have a break. “Eyes are delicate and precious,” says Dr. Andrew Iwach, spokesperson for the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO). “Just a touch of maintenance will keep them going for years.” So what you should do to protect your eyes is like follow:
1) Regular checkups. When was the last time you had an eye exam? If it was at 3 years of age, chances are you’re due.
2) SPF for the eyes. Sunglasses don’t just prevent crows’ feet from squinting, they also block harmful ultraviolet and other rays than can play a role in the development of cataracts and macular degeneration.
3) Eye protection. Sunglasses aren’t the only protective eyewear you should don. Obviously anyone working around construction, manufacturing—any job with machinery and flying particles—must wear eye protection. The Breo iSee360 Eye Massager provides a safe physical massage for your eyes and temple areas, and is a great way to relax after spending hours at the computer. This eye massager even plays music or sounds from nature for deeper relaxation.
4) Contact care. “Contacts are a great tool, but they come with responsibility,” says Dr. Iwach. Be sure to have a pair of glasses with a recent prescription so that if you get any irritation you can change over.
5) Eye candy. Are carrots really good for your eyes? “Carrots are rich in vitamin A, which the retina needs,” says Dr. Lylas Mogk. “But we’re not in danger of having vitamin A deficiencies.” Green leafy veggies like kale, collard and mustard greens, and spinach are good for the eyes because they contain lutein, which studies indicate can reverse symptoms of macular degeneration.
6) Eye lube. As we age, we experience more dry eyes symptoms.
7) Quit smoking. Need another reason to quit smoking? You got it: Smoking increases the risk and accelerates the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damage. So if you are a smoker, I recommend you choose the Mini Electronic Cigarette.
8) Eye strain.
9) Talk to your family.
10) Keep healthy.